WA Document Requirements

Find out what documents you need to drive with DiDi

WA Document Requirements
DiDi Australia & New Zealand

WA Document Requirements

Drivers Licence

You need to have a full, unrestricted Drivers Licence in WA to provide rideshare services. 

Drivers Licence must meet the following requirements:

  • Have held an unrestricted, full Australian Drivers Licence for at least 12 months

  • Current address is printed or updated on the licence via a Change of Address sticker


A clear photo of yourself (in JPG, JPEG, PNG format, at least 200 x 200 pixels) is needed to help riders to find you.

Your photo must:

  • Match photos on your drivers licence and passport and; 

  • No hats or glasses (regular glasses and religious garments are accepted)

  • Full face and top of shoulders

  • Good Lighting and Not blurry

  • Only one person in the picture

  • Clear, unobstructed background 

  • Should be a coloured photo

Evidence of Identification

You will need to provide a primary form of ID (other than your drivers licence), such as a valid passport, travel document, Immi card, Australian or New Zealand birth certificate or citizenship certificate.

Proof of ID must meet the following requirements:

  • Show the holder is over 20 years of age 

  • Show all four corners of the document and the document is not cut off

  • Have the appropriate working rights 

Passenger Transport Driver Authorisation (PTD-A)

A PTD authorisation is an annual authorisation that permits a person to drive a vehicle for booked hire purposes. Please upload your PTD-A document.

You can apply for a PTD Authorisation from here

You are eligible to get the PTD authorisation if you: 

  • are aged 20 years old or more; and 

  • hold a current and valid WA drivers licence; and

  • have held a drivers licence, or the equivalent driving authorisation from another jurisdiction for a period of three (3) years; and

  • have not been disqualified from holding or obtaining a PTD authorisation (i.e. committed a disqualification offence).

  • You must complete the medical assessment and submit the National Police Certificate which was completed less than 3 months old.

If you currently hold an F or T extension, you must apply for and have a valid PTD authorisation. For further information on PTD-Authorisation, please click here. 

Passenger Transport Vehicle Authorization (PTV-A) On-demand Charter (OD-C) Authorisation

A PTV authorisation is an authorisation to operate a vehicle to provide a passenger transport service. You will need to submit a Passenger Transport Vehicle (PTV) authorisation in the category of On-demand Charter vehicle (OD-C).

Before you apply for PTV-A, you must meet the following requirements:

  • Vehicle Registration is valid. A PTV authorisation can only be granted to a vehicle with a valid registration.

  • Upgrade your Vehicle’s Insurance type to Class-3F Motor Injury Insurance. Prior to applying for a PTV-A in the OD-C Category, the correct Motor Injury Insurance class must be applied to the nominated vehicle.

  • Vehicle Inspection. To apply for a PTV-A the vehicle must either:

  • Have had a full inspection in the previous three months prior to application; or

  • Be a new vehicle registered in WA in the last 10 days. The vehicle may be inspected at an Authorised Inspection Station (AIS).

You can book for vehicle inspection with our partners at Redbook Inspect or any Authorised Inspection Station.

To renew, change or cancel your PTV-Authorisation, please click here.

Vehicle Licence and Class 3F Motor Injury Insurance

Motor Injury Insurance is compulsory for all Western Australia Drivers and is included with your vehicle Registration. Driver partners are required to hold Class 3F Motor Injury Insurance on their registration. For more information, please click here.

You will need to upgrade to 3F Motor Injury Insurance (MII) on your vehicle’s registration, which can be done when you apply for the PTV OD-C authorisation online via DoTDirect.

You will need to submit your vehicle registration certificate also known as your Motor Injury Insurance. This is the compulsory third party insurance the government provides through your vehicle registration. Your vehicle must be registered in WA and be registered at all times.

Vehicle Registration must meet the following requirements:

  • Be current (not expired)

  • Be in the 3F insurance class

  • Must be manufactured within 15 years

  • Clearly display the vehicle make, model and year

  • Match the vehicle listed on the PTV-A 

You may upload any of the following documents for Vehicle Licence and 3F Motor Injury Insurance. You may follow the instructions in the following DoTDirect website.

Declaration Vehicle Insurance  (Comprehensive or Third Party Property Insurance)

You will need to declare that your vehicle is insured. Your vehicle must have a current third-party damage or comprehensive insurance cover, on which you should be listed as an insured driver.

Please note that this is an extra insurance cover on top of your Motor Injury Insurance.

For your declaration please make sure your vehicle insurance meets the following requirements:

  • Be current (not expired)

  • You must be an insured/listed driver on the policy

  • Be comprehensive or third party property damage and insured for ridesharing

Would you like to drive with DiDi?

Take home more of the fare with DiDi’s industry-leading low Services Fees and additional bonuses.

DiDi Latest Updates

didi conductor logo

DiDi Driver

Make Extra Money